Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Placement over!

Hello all!

Long time no speak! As you know I have been on an 8 week placement so I have been extremely busy but it was all worth it in the end.

As the weeks went on, I took on more and more responsibility, by week 2 I had full control of the class; planning for every lesson, assessing each child and taking on after school clubs. It was very stressful to say the least! However, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Now that placement has finished, I have been looking for jobs to start in September (ahh I feel so grown up). I was lucky enough to be offered a job at a school after a very long interview process but I had to decline it because it wasn’t the year group I was hoping for L. But onwards and upwards! I have my eyes on a couple more schools around.

Source: community.tes.co.uk
If you are looking for teaching jobs, I’d really recommend downloading the TES app. It shows you all of the jobs that are within a 20 mile radius of you wherever you are and it’s really easy to use. Also, when you’re filling out the application form, ALWAYS get someone else to check it through for spelling mistakes and ALWAYS use the correct practise/practice. This could be a deal breaker and there’s a chance you won’t even be shortlisted for an interview. With an application form, you always have to write a personal statement, make sure that you always refer to the job description because this is what it is there for! Always get your tutor to look through it with the job description so that they can double check that you have hit all of the criteria.

As well as all of this, I have also got to finish off my dissertation and revise for my exam so I am still busy busy busy but not long left now until I finish University (7 weeks, not that I’m counting…). I can’t believe I’ve been at university for 3 years now :O. Time has absolutely flown by. I am really nervous about entering into the big wide world of work but I really do love my job so it’s all worth it.


Ta ta for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment